[TowerTalk] Tower Legs in Concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Legs in Concrete
From: rfman45 <rfman45@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:30:34 -0500

 I'm installing some Rohn 45 with base being a half section in concrete. I see
that there has been a TT discussion of whether to coat the legs of the buried
section where they exit the concrete on top with some sort of coating. One
poster stated that Rohn recommended this but I cannot find any reference to it.
Can anyone clarify if this is necessary and if so, how should the legs be
coated at the exit point? As always, thank you one and all for your generosity
in sharing your knowledge.                                       Mike  W2LO