Re: [TowerTalk] Best way to attach radial to radial plate

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best way to attach radial to radial plate
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:23:59 -0400
Radials should not be your lightning ground and if the vertical element is
insulated how would the energy even reach the radial system.  My towers have
taken a number of lightning strikes and I have never seen solder "vaporize".
I personally just wrap the wire around the 1/4" bolt and screw it to the
ground plate , but you could also use crimp on ring terminals with
additional solder for a better connection.  Terminals are not really
physically strong so make sure that the wire does not get moved a lot after
installation.

John KK9A