Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Leasing

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Leasing
From: Scott Reed <sreed@nwwnet.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:58:49 -0400
As one on the other side, I own and operate a Wireless Internet Service
Provider, I may not answer what you want, but here are some things we do:
Require a written contract.
Offer certificate of insurance so you know our equipment and people are
covered.
Request exclusive frequency bands and ensure we will not encroach on the
bands you use.
Require 24x7 access to our equipment.
Require a "continuation of business" clause so that if you sell/move, we
don't lose our customers.

In the nearly 6 years we have been using other people's towers, grain
legs, silos, etc., we have never had a disagreement with an owner.

On 7/7/2011 3:41 PM, Neil & Heather wrote:
> I have been approached by a Communication Company
> about leasing "space" on my tower...It looks like they are
> trying to get better local wireless internet coverage.
> Has anyone else dealt with a situation like this??
> Pitfalls? Any suggestions or things I should ask of
> the communication company?
> Thanks
> 73
> Neil