Re: [TowerTalk] pushing a mast up at the top of the tower

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pushing a mast up at the top of the tower
From: Jay Kesterson K0GU <k0gu@verinet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:09:43 -0600
   I also use a come-along. I put a U-Bolt on the mast, tie a rope to
the U-Bolt and run the rope though a snatch block mounted on the top
rung of the tower. Then attach the rope to the come-along outside of the
tower so that the entire come-along is outside the tower.

   Have also used this same setup, minus the come-along, with another
snatch block at the base of the tower and pulled the mast up with a lawn
tractor or my truck.

   If I have a helper on the ground I use the truck. If I don't I use
the come-along.

73,  Jay  K0GU