[TowerTalk] Balanced Line Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line Question
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 130' Ladder Line-fed Dipole up 70' (600 ohm).  I feed it through a
nice Palstar Auto Tuner with 4:1 Balun.  All my other antennas are coaxial-fed
and near resonance. My amp and rig have a built-in tuners anyway, so tuning
them is not a problem.

Since I only use this tuner for the ladderline-fed dipole, how much of an
advanatge might I see if I were to go with a "Balanced Tuner?"  I know the 4:1
balun on the present tuner gets somewhat hot/lossy, but am I likely to notice
the difference if I switch?

Thanks,
Ed NI6S