[TowerTalk] Best grease for tower bearings!

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best grease for tower bearings!
From: Luciano Gasparini <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
I'm about to performe maintenance to a 40m 2 elem yagi driven by an Yaesu
G1000DXA that have been working for over two years now.
Recently, I noticed that the rotor needs more speed to rotate the same antenna
so, I believe two conical bearings at the tower mast need greasing.
Which kind of grease should I use, in Brazil, on a location which
temperatures reach around 110F most all year long? I thought about the one used
at vehicle wheel bearings.
What should I use to clean bearings before greasing both?
Advices are welcomed!

73,

Luciano PT9KK