[TowerTalk] TIC Ring 1022 hardware advice sought

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC Ring 1022 hardware advice sought
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:16:06 -0700
I've acquired a used TIC General TIC Ring model 1022.

It came without many nuts and bolts, so I'm going through the assembly
manual and making up a hardware shopping list, consisting mostly of hex cap
screws and Kepp nuts of various sizes

Could anyone with experience with Tic Ring Rotors offer guidance as to what
sort of hardware you'd acquire if you didn't already have what came with the
rotator?  I've heard some comments that the hardware choices could be
improved, and I have a great opportunity to do that, if I know what to buy.

>From the pictures in the manual, it appears that mostly grade 5 bolts are
used, with a few grade 8 bolts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

73 de Dick, K6KR