[TowerTalk] Heights Tower and Spacing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heights Tower and Spacing
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
Tim:
Go to the Heights website: www.heightstower.com

See their first chart "A".  Your tower is most similar to the 72 foot, 31 sqft,
@ 80 mph model. It depends a bit on the diameter of the tubes of the sections.
It appears that the owner of the tower may have sustituted a 22" section for an
18 at the top.

Anyway, be careful about putting that WARC tribander up above the X-7. You need
at least seven feet of spacing and 7 x 5 sq feet is like adding 35 square feet
to the windload of the X-7. You will be overloading the tower.

If you choose to do this, I strongly advise guying the tower. I know this from
personal experience when I lost a "Christmas tree stack" on top of a 72 foot
Universal tower with 12 feet of mast out the top due to a 95 mph straight line
wind.

73, Dennis W0JX/8
Milan, OH