[TowerTalk] Rohn foldover tower hinge pin specifications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn foldover tower hinge pin specifications
From: "Daniel Schultz" <n8fgv@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:33:35 -0400
I have a Rohn 25 foldover kit which is missing its hinge pin. The tower
components seem to accommodate a pin slightly larger than 1/2 inch diameter
and 12 inches long.

My radio club has a Rohn 45 foldover tower which is also missing its hinge
pin. This pin appears to be about 3/8 inch diameter by 18 inches long.

I have no specifications on either of these hinge pins. I assume I will need
to buy some alloy steel and make them. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone
who owns either of these towers could snap a picture and/or measure the
diameter of their hinge pin, or make a sketch of what one looks like. Any
suggestions of what steel alloy to look for would also be appreciated. Someone
local to me has suggested that I use a Grade 8 bolt but I cannot find any
bolts of the necessary length.

Thanks

Dan Schultz N8FGV