[TowerTalk] Best UHF Connectors to install a top of tower

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best UHF Connectors to install a top of tower
From: Ben Horton <whorton@cablelynx.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:37:09 -0500
Please excuse me if this has been hashed over before. I am going to
install some UHF connectors to interface from a brass 7/8" Heliax
conector to a RG-8 rotator loop (Bury-Flex) and on to an antenna balun.
Also, going to interface to transient protection devices at bottom of
tower using the same UHF connectors.  What type of UHF connector would
be the best to use so that only one trip up the tower is needed for a
long, long time? The ones I have found readily available are as follows:

UHF-182120 Amphenol-Connex. Silver plated body and shell with Teflon
insulator

83-822, Amphenol, Teflon insulator

83-1SP, Amphenol, Silver plated body, Nickel Shell and LCP insulator

Would you please recommend one of the three above connectors and are
there any interfacing problems with a brass Heliax connector and the UHF
connectors?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Ben, K5EX