Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs
From: David Robbins <>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:20:23 -0500 (CDT)
as long as you use decent coax putting them in a can doesn't help shielding.
you also may have to worry about heat buildup if you are running power.

Aug 1, 2011 11:57:40 PM, wrote:

Hi all

I want to upgrade and put more stubs on the antennas here. What I was
thinking of was making 2 for each band with a 1/8 wave section between each

What I'd like to do is go to the local paint store and get some empty paint
cans and coil the stubs and 1/8 section together and put them in the can for
better shielding. Then put a coax jack on top of the can.

Would it hurt to coil them all together like that? I'll be using some RG-6
for the stubs as I have about 600 feet of it. I know it's not as good as
bigger coax, but it's what I have on hand. Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY