Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Stubs
From: "Mike Baker" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 08:24:23 -0700
About 5 years ago I put together a pair of filters in paint cans and they
worked fine.
Yes, if you intend to leave them outside a good coating of "Cold Galv"
followed by some exterior house paint should keep them in pretty good shape
in a wet climate. It you are concerned about condensation inside the can,
use a packet of desiccant (silica) from something you have purchased, in the
bottom of the can to absorb the moisture. Once the can is sealed (yes I
soldered the SO-239's to the can lid) and the lip of the lid is caulked with
silicone seal (RTV) moisture should not be an issue. Mine are used inside
behind the shack desk or outside when on a portable operation. IE: Field
Day, FYBO, QRP afield, etc.
They are not a cure all but do help.
My next project is going to be band pass filters for each band much like the
5B4AGN filter system. Not cheap but they work.

Best 72 73

Mike Baker  K7DD
All QSO's are uploaded to LOTW and EQSL.