Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vee

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vee
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:42:30 -0400
On 8/4/2011 3:47 PM, Dan Hearn wrote:
> The baluns(line chokes) are available from DX Engineering or BalunDesigns
> mounted in weatherproof boxes. I have measured both and they are very good.
> They are very easy to build if you want to go that route and the cores can
> be purchased from Mouser who had no minimum order the last time I bought
> cores.

There are price breaks though. At a 100 they are quite a bit less, but
at $6 or $7 each it can be difficult to afford to save that much.

Last time this came up some on had a much better price than Mouser, but
I've forgotten who.

The DX engineering current baluns are expensive but they are effective
and well built.

73

Roger (K8RI)