Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:44:11 -0400
Without any direct experience, other than a trap vertical on a 20 x 40
metal roof made up of 4x8 metal sheets, I'd say a vertical would work
fine, but anything else nearby could be adversely affected.  I also
wonder, at least in theory, if you wouldn't risk imperfect electrical
connections between shingles becoming harmonic-generating diodes, in the
presence of a strong RF field.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000