Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:13:22 -0400
Our court house has a copper metal roof (flat).  Hustler Vertical antennas
require an added $45. shunt coil (16 turns) to couple the low impedance to
52ohm coax.  The Hustler vertical trap antennas are not designed to operate
over a perfect or very good ground radial system.  I guess there are more
poor to fair radial systems out there then good ones. So those of us with
good ones have to pay an extra $50 BUCKS...     GO FIGURE!  BUXCOMM sells
OCF antennas and they offer their antenna in three options, all for the same
price. So, you tell them the wire is going to be up over 50ft you get one
type of balun... if it close to the earth you get a different one or if it
is going to be over a roof of a building yet a third type, but they don't
screw you because of your choice, geez DX Engineering, hahaha

73,
Dave
wa3gin