[TowerTalk] Metal roof

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Metal roof
From: "Dan Schaaf" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:33:41 -0400
Yes, Hustler BTV antennas were made for the space cadet who doesn't believe
that radials are necessary for a properly efficient vertical antenna.
However, if an owner of a BTV goees to the DX Engineering website and downloads
the document on how to install the BTV with radials, they will find that it is
a good performer.
I used one for a couple years and compared A/B with my HyGain AV-640 and they
performed almost the same. The AV-640 is a very good compact vertical. It has
netted me a heck of a lot of DX.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
Cape Cod Instruments