Re: [TowerTalk] tower guying with Dyneema SK75

To: Dainius <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower guying with Dyneema SK75
From: Tõnno Vähk <>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:45:23 +0300
Hi Dan,

I use those ropes for all my 4 rotating towers of 3x45m and 1x35m.

Check LIROS-Regatta 2000 from:

It is Dyneema SK75 with plaited polyester cover. With the cover UV is no
problem of course.

I am very happy with them. They do stretch a little over time and I have
maybe had to tighten them once or twice over 3-4 years or so.

They are very strong, I use diameters from 5-10mm for towers. I use
3-4-5mm for many other guying and pulling purposes at my station.

I used the 2mm diameter rope (240kg breaking load) to pull out a car stuck
in the mud as experiment and it held up. The guy whose car was totally
stuck in deep mud looked at me like I was a complete moron when I hook up
this tiny rope instead of normal towing rope:)