[TowerTalk] Fwd: Has anyone made use of aluminum pole to house wire?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Has anyone made use of aluminum pole to house wire?
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

I wouldn't trust it as guy wires. The wire is intended to conduct  current.
If you open up a little of the cable and "mess around" with the wires  you
find them very brittle. If they left some 5/16 galvanized steel, that's a
different story.

To use it for antennas should be OK, a little heavy though. You will notice
 if you stretch it too hard.

Hans - N2JFS

In a message dated 8/11/2011 12:01:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,