[TowerTalk] Has anyone made use of aluminum pole to house wire? -- YES,

To: <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Has anyone made use of aluminum pole to house wire? -- YES, I have!
From: "Scott Dickson, W5WZ" <w5wz@w5wz.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:07:13 -0500
I used the bare wire for my shunt wire on my tower for 80 meters.  It is
very stiff, so it is only anchored at the top (about 35 feet high) and at
the bottom (about 2 feet high).  I used a short piece for the shorting bar
at about 27 feet.  That stiff piece somewhat serves as a standoff.  I
actually bent this piece into an arch shape to fine tune the SWR by pulling
the shunt wire slightly closer to the tower in the middle.  Been in service
11 months now.

Very easy to use larger bronze split nuts for connections.  Tower leg to
wire uses a large bronze water pipe ground with SS hardware.

http://w5wz.com/main/page_building_80m_shuntfeed.html

--Scott, W5WZ