[TowerTalk] Crimping tool for RG-174

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimping tool for RG-174
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:19:57 -0400
I am trying to figure out which die to use in a ratchet crimper for
RG-174 - the outer ferrule, not the pin.  One web reference says
.213,but that is too large.  The guys who sold me the connectors don't
know, and the guys who sold me the crimping tool insist it should be
.128, which is far too small.  The die sizes I have jump from .213 to
.128 with no intermediate sizes.

The crimping tool that I bought is a generic Chinese type with no
visible brand except for G and K on the two die sets I have.  If I need
another die size, any idea where I might get them?

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000