Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling over ground was: Re: H frame for 10 or 15m

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling over ground was: Re: H frame for 10 or 15m
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:34:53 -0400
Jim, I always test results in HFTA, and compare the theoretical patterns
over flat ground with my actuals.  I also use MultiNEC for modeling
(wish I had the NEC4 engine, but hey...), and where appropriate I apply
the notches and reinforcements from HFTA to the MultiNEC patterns.  My
terrain is relatively flat, though, so I feel comfortable not carrying
my terrain profiles out over 3000 meters.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,