Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling over ground was: Re: H frame for 10 or 15m

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling over ground was: Re: H frame for 10 or 15m
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:34:53 -0400
Jim, I always test results in HFTA, and compare the theoretical patterns
over flat ground with my actuals.  I also use MultiNEC for modeling
(wish I had the NEC4 engine, but hey...), and where appropriate I apply
the notches and reinforcements from HFTA to the MultiNEC patterns.  My
terrain is relatively flat, though, so I feel comfortable not carrying
my terrain profiles out over 3000 meters.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000