Re: [TowerTalk] Terrain data for HFTA

To: RDStraw <n6bv@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terrain data for HFTA
From: "Felipe J. Hernández" <fhdez@vpnet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:00:10 -0400
Dean,

Me too would like to take that data from google.  In my case ive found
that the data
from SRTM is never true to my terrain. I trust google earth because it
gives me the
exact contour and height.

For me extracting from google was a little painful but rewarding, after
i remodeled the terrain
with the information, my antennas and real life experience on the bands
started to make sense.

I took samples every 10 ft very close to the antennas and then moved to
25 ft.

Felipe
NP4Z