Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/tower party

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/tower party
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:16:05 -0400
On 8/24/2011 8:52 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
> I am told that this is the formula for tower work:   Actual time =  Estimate
> * PI
> This is 4 hours 42 minutes in your example.

At least in taking down I've dismantled two standing towers (guyed) one
section at a time. One took a bit less than an hour including removing
the large tribander and the other took less than a half hour including
removing the tribander with was the big Wilson.  I have to admit we had
some extra incentive on that one as there was a BIG THUNDERSTORM coming
in fast.  We had the tower down, completely dismantled, loaded on a
pickup, and the antenna partially dismantled for transport in less than
half an hour.  Never got wet.

73

Roger (K8RI)