Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need to Offset Yagis 90 Degrees?

To: navydude1962@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Do I need to Offset Yagis 90 Degrees?
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:24:38 -0400
Quoting navydude1962@yahoo.com:

> Also offsetting them minimizes the windload

Oh, really?   And you did what calculations to reach this conclusion?

Windload depends on the direction from which the wind blows in
relation to the position of the boom & elements.

I have NEVER seen a calculation that says MINIMUM windload occurs when
two antennas are offset 90 degrees WITHOUT specifying the direction of
the wind relative to the antennas and what the windload is for EACH
antenna at EACH different wind direction.

73
Don
N8DE