Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane

To: Craig Clark <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
My Antenna "ride" better with the ends of the elements pointed into INTO the
wind. With long boom antennas this might not be the case! Also, I position the
antennas so that wind pushes the boom to mast mount TOWARD the mast. If it was
positioned 180 degrees around, the wind would be trying push to antennas away.
IMO, this puts more strain on the boom to mast mounting hardware.

Here in SE PA we should be on the west side of the storm but we still could
have very significant winds.

73, Stew K3ND