Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane

To: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>, "Mickey Baker" <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:47:09 -0400
Alex

loosen it only enough to let a strong wind rotate the mast. In other words,
snug. Then the braking system on the rotor will not get damaged. If you have
a bolt in the rotor clamp, remove it so that the mast can slip. The coax may
get damaged if it wraps too hard around the mast but coax is cheap to
replace.
My tower is 30 ft attached to teh house at 10 ft. I have not had a hurricane
test it yet. It has stacked yagis.
All of my other antennas are tilt over .

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
NOBSKA www.nobska.net