[TowerTalk] TH11 Modeling and Question abt 20 meter Director

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH11 Modeling and Question abt 20 meter Director
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 06:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
Does anybody out there have an EZNEC or other model of the TH-11? I am curious
as to why the 20 meter director is the second element from the boom front end
which makes the total 20 meter spacing 22 feet instead of 24 like on the TH6.
What would happen if the 10 meter/20 meter element was placed first and then
the 17 meter/10 meter element second? I wonder if this is just a compromise for
impedance matching on 20 and 17 since the 10 meter directors would essentially
remain in place.

Theoretically, putting the 20 meter element out from should improve bandwidth
and increase the gain slightly.

73, Dennis W0JX/8