Re: [TowerTalk] Preform dead ends - why and how?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preform dead ends - why and how?
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:27:57 -0400
You should be able to find extensive discussion of these critters in the
towertalk archive.  Try searching on "big grip".

All I can say is they are amazing.  Properly installed, they are so much
better than the "traditional" cable clamps that there is no comparison.
Once you've done a few, they install in less than a minute, and hold
forever.  They never need to be re-tightened.

Just be sure you get the right ones for the guy wire material you are
using.  Don't be tempted by inexpensive ones made for utility
applications - they may have the wrong twist for regular EHS.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000