Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Through Basement Floor

To: Dick Flanagan <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Through Basement Floor
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:02:09 -0700
On 8/29/11 9:10 AM, Dick Flanagan wrote:
> If your basement floor was poured with a wire grid you can tie into that
> for a Ufer ground.

Interesting idea...

You'd have to find the grid to be able to drill a hole to be able to
connect to it.  Had I not had a below slab leak a couple years ago, I
wouldn't be to sanguine about being able to do this.  But, after seeing
the guys find the tensioning cables and the leaking pipe, from the top
of the slab, and cut a 1 foot square hole directly above the leak,
missing the tensioning cables, I think it's doable.

You'd need to find a good way to connect to the rebar/grid, though.