[TowerTalk] Brush replacement on a small prop pitch motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Brush replacement on a small prop pitch motor
From: Alton McConnell <amcconnell3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:32:09 +0000
I am having a problem with a brush in a small prop pitch electric motor.  I
disassembled the electric motor and replaced the beaings.  When I was putting
the motor back together, I noticed that one of the brushes popped out of its
holder when I removed the armature.  The other five brushes stayed in their
holders.  They are spring loaded and seem to function properly.  I cannot get
the one that popped out to stay in its holder.  Any advice?  Does anyone have a
photo of a brush?  What keeps the brush in its holder?

I noticed that the bottom of the brush holders are accessable from the top of
the motor housing near the pins for electrical connections.  I would think that
the holders caps would be removable for easy brush replacement but my holder
"caps" do not want to budge. Should the caps come off?   I can provide photos
if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Alton, NU8L
amcconnell3@hotmail.com