Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Duty Rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Duty Rotor
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:22:48 -0400
On 9/7/2011 5:14 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
> I wish I could find that pile of prop pitch units now!
>
> To: towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Duty Rotor
> From: K8RI on TT<k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
> Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:07:02 -0400
Wish I had known what the demand would be 50 years later.

OTOH in the mid 60's I was on the surplus bidders list.   There were 4
P-51s some where down near the gulf coast.  They were flyable and even
had gas in them.  They went as a lot at some where between $7,000 and
$8,000 each. I could have probably flown them home at economy cruise
(just over 200mph) with the gas that was in them.  Today a nice P-51
might go for as much as 1.5 million.  However, back then each one
represented a year's wages with a *good* paying job.  I doubt that I'd
have even been able to get a loan of that size except for a home back then.

73

Roger (K8RI)