Re: [TowerTalk] 45g base

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45g base
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:07:25 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/14/2011 3:13:56 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
robrk@nidhog.net writes:

If it is  not a house bracket job, but a full guyed install, go with the
center pin,  flat plate.

Even though I understand the reason why a flat plate might be  better I
prefer the "stick in the ground" method  for one main  reason....antenna
installation.

With a modestly high tower of 45 or 55, say around 80 feet, antenna
installation is easy.  On a calm day you simply hook up a pulley or gin  pole
the top, drop the guys and pull the assembled antenna up the side of the
tower.  Of course no one climbs the tower until guys are reattached!   It
certainly make installation of a big tribander or a 40 meter antenna a  breeze.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS