Re: [TowerTalk] G-800sa Yaesu rotor

To: draxfelton@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-800sa Yaesu rotor
From: "knormoyle@surfnetusa.com" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:39:26 -0700
Well, I have an answer/existence proof, but you might not be comfortable with
the execution:

I have 3 rotator computer control cards. The first is your case.
g800sa controlled by ez-rotor-control kit (ERC) from Germany.
http://easy-rotor-control.com/

g1000dxa controlled by idiom card
g1000dxa controlled by ez-rotor-control kit (ERC) from Germany.

the kit is really easy for the yaesus with the computer control plug in the
back..i.e. the dxa's. Not so easy for the
g800sa.

The 800sa required me to tap into some internal wires/points in the box. Rather
than put the card in the box, I ran
the tap wires to an external plug and kept the card in a plastic box external.
If you're not comfortable with playing
around inside the 800sa control box, you might not be happy. It was more work
than I expected. But it works.

He sells them preassembled also now. (ERC-R)

The ERC works great. I like the configuration process on the ERC more than the
idiom.

If you don't want to worry about debugging any bad soldering (they're all
thru-hole though) you might order the ERC-R
assembled.

I use them with N1MM for instance.

-kevin
ad6z