Re: [TowerTalk] 45g Tower

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45g Tower
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:19:22 -0400
I agree. I have rebar in my base.

The 45GSR (?, solid side rails) has a base with a short base in it and it
has
#7 rebar grid (12" c-c) at the top of concrete base and one at the bottom
but
no vertical rebar. Its base is bigger (4'6" square and 4 foot depth, 3 cu yd
of
concrete) but it handles much more load (something like 60 sq ft at 100
feet).
Bottom of the short base is 0-3" above the bottom of concrete base. I doubt
one needs a base that big for 45G as it is lighter but the 45GSR drawing
does
give a suggestion of what is needed for 45G with the short base - the rebar
grid
at top and bottom and a short base in probably only 2'6" square concrete
base.

73, Larry  W6NWS