Re: [TowerTalk] Quad Ought CONNECTORS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quad Ought CONNECTORS
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 07:30:46 -0700
On 9/17/11 5:15 AM, Drax Felton wrote:
> I acquired some scrap quad ought, 0000 gauge,  wire.  I'd like to use it to
> ground my Rohn 25 tower.
> Any ideas where to get the connectors to connect it to the tower and ground
> rods?

Electrical supply places (not home depot or lowes) will have exothermic
welding stuff (OneShot(tm) for instance).  A little ceramic mold and
some powder you dump in and ignite).

Split bolts in copper/bronze are also used to join large conductors.
Those do show up at the HD/Lowes kind of places, although perhaps not
for 4/0.

you could also hard solder the cable to the rods if you use a suitable
high melting solder and a torch.