Re: [TowerTalk] $500 30' EZ-Tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] $500 30' EZ-Tower
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:41:10 -0500
Before this tread gets off to far let me throw my $.02 in, 3 months ago I
contacted UST about a TX-455, was giving a price and shipping cost. Within
the conversation and some emails about picking up the tower IF it was in Ks,
I was lead to believe that the tower would be coming from Ca. Ordered the
tower from AES Milwaukee and they contacted UST for the shipping cost $1025.
Thinking it was coming from Ca I had to go with it since I'm in Ky. Later I
was contacted that the tower was built and would be notified when a shipper
was found and 4 days later the shipper called me and said "Hey we in KS
picking up your tower and we are going to be at your house in the morning"
GREAT.. 1st it's in Ks and 2nd, I don't anyway of getting the tower off the
truck because I was waiting on UST to call me back!!

The tower was on a 30' 5th wheel trailer so getting it off was easy but the
bad part was being mislead that the tower was coming from Ca, I would have
driven to KS to pick it up and I have contacted UST 11 days ago about this
issue and they have not replied, I emailed the sales department wanting to
talk to the GM or whoever is in charge of these issues.. NO ANSWER back.

This afternoon I'll will call UST and see if I can get a reply over the
phone.. wonder if they got a customer service department, I'd like to fill
out a comment card!!!!

Good luck
John
KO4XJ