[TowerTalk] F12 C3 comes apart easily After 14 years of service

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] F12 C3 comes apart easily After 14 years of service
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:36:51 -0500
I went back to my old remote location to remove my C3 yagi and T2X rotor
so I can put it up at my new qth.  I was concerned about getting the
antenna apart.  Thanks to using Penetrox the boom and elements came
apart very easily.

I also found that I only lost 2 rivets over the years.  This is
impressive since Amarillo is in the top 10 (#3 actually) for windiest
cities in the USA.  I only had to get the elements down to less 12' to
fit in my trailer.  More than likely I will remove all the rivets, clean
up the joints, use some fresh penetrox and rivet the elements back
together before going up on the new tower.

I was considering other manufactures of antenna's for the new antenna
farm, but I'm likely going to stay with F12.  The antenna has really
held up well over the years.  Hopefully they are still made with the
same or better materials.

Moral of the story, use Penetrox.

Rich - N5ZC