[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 question
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:12:53 -0400
Hi Gang,
I hope this is considered "On topic" as it's antenna system related

Back in May, when I put in my new antennas, I put in an Ameritron RCS-4 antenna
switch, and I still think it's the right switch for my use (only 3 antennas, so
no need for more than that, and not having to run an extra cable for the remote
switch was a big factor for me).

Anyway, the RCS-4 has no way to automate it for band switching.  Does anyone
know of a retrofit kit to add this?  I'm in the middle of designing one, but
I'd LIKE to not reinvent the wheel if there is already out there
Designing one is  not hard to do for myself (Ardunio and some relay drivers,
and a small matter of code), but I'm also thinking of designing one around a
BCD decoder chip, 4 transistors, a few  relays etc and the like (MUCH MUCH
cheaper, and would not take a computer to reprogram), and submit an article to
QST

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com