Re: [TowerTalk] Bose A20 aviation headset for ham purposes?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bose A20 aviation headset for ham purposes?
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 00:29:34 -0400
On 9/30/2011 11:23 PM, Peter Voelpel wrote:
> If you don´t need active noise cancellation I like to suggest the Sennheiser
> HMD46 which I use.
>
> http://www.sennheiser-aviation.com/air-traffic-control_500466

There are a number of ligh weight, high quality, passive,  aviation
headsets that don't cost a fortune and have over 30 db of noise attenuation.

> As I am wearing glasses and having a relatively large head most other head
> sets are deadly for me in a contest.
> The Heil Pro headset I can endure two hours maximum.

I have the Heil Pro set Elite and I can handle those for a good 6 hours,
but I've never tried them on a hot day. <:-))
I'd really like the directional, noise canceling mike out in the shop
though.  Between the furnace, air conditioner, ceiling fans, and "whole
shop fan" which also filters the air, the regular mike just picks up too
much background noise.

73

Roger (K8RI)