[TowerTalk] Us Tower/ Tristao TX 472 cable replacement

To: "" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Us Tower/ Tristao TX 472 cable replacement
From: Bill Alexander <>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
I am replacing the cables on the TX 472, If we say the biggest section is the #
1, the # 3 section would be the one with the problem. That cable broke, so I do
not have anything to go by, I did use the broke cable 25 ft 4 inches to help
cut the correct length, I have done the top loop with crimp tool and 2 clamps
for back up. It appears it should  go through the pulley above the # 3 section
( # 4 top section ) around the pulley and the loop end bolted to top of tower
section # 3.
None of my material shows the cable routing
I do have excellent engineering papers that were submitted in 1984 to building
I have read and re read '"up the tower" ( excellent book worth every penny )
and found a couple of article from the Washington dx club.
I plan on replacing all of the cables, and can use the working cables on
sections 1 and 2 to pull the new ones thru, but could use some good pictures on
how to get section 3 and 4 routed correctly.
Thanks all.
Alex kr6g

Alexander Enterprises
2 Way Radio Sales Service