Re: [TowerTalk] STUF Weather Proofing compound...

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STUF Weather Proofing compound...
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:58:34 -0500
I kind of like the cold shrink tape.......  I have avoided the gooey putty
stuff.  To be honest has anyone really had connector weatherproofing issues?
I used to go through a long drawn out process, but have learned that if I
take a little time to cover the connector and where the connector and coax
meet plus not have any wrinkles to let water in just about anything works.
The cold shrink / rescue tape works well and comes off easy.  I have had
good luck with just electrical tape with a little PVC cement brushed on the
outside.  We do have a little weather here in South Dakota, but my
experience says this is any area where folks are very prone to
over-think/over-engineer the solution.

I did have some "hamfest special" tape fail in about 12 hours once.  It
simply quit being sticky altogether.  It just came off where it had been put

Joe kk0sd