Re: [TowerTalk] re; STUF Weather Proofing compound...

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re; STUF Weather Proofing compound...
From: Ian White GM3SEK <>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:11:37 +0100
Jim Thomson wrote:
>##  UHF connector's  don't have red O rings, which is 1/2 the problem
>with them.   Right  where the PL-259 hits the SO-239 and does a 90 deg
>angle is the other 1/2 of the problem.  How do u  make butyl tape or 88
>tape or heat shrink do a 90 deg angle is beyond me.  Any suggestions ??

Right here, 3 days ago:  fill that 90deg angle with an O-ring molded
from a small amount of Coax-Seal, and then screw the PL-259 down onto
it. This seals the circular gap where water can creep in, and creates a
much better profile for wrapping with tape.

It works, but that is the *only* good use I've ever found for Coax-Seal.

73 from Ian GM3SEK