Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearings

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearings
From: Bill Aycock <>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:24:22 -0500
Charlie- a few disconnected comments--
1. With plastics, particularly Teflon, cold flow is a problem.
2. Rohn always said to NOT grease those bearings, because it just picked
up dirt and grit. On the other hand, their bearings were very poor;
Steel balls running in Aluminum races ??
3. Lignum Vitae is overkill; plain Oak is good, and you just soak them
in oil, every few years. The oil is mostly to shed water. There is even
a Rohn part number for them.