Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing thread

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing thread
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:10:56 -0400
On 10/14/2011 wrote:

> It has been interesting seeing all the posts about this. The real
> question is why would you ever use a TB3 or TB4 at $161 and $185
> (from 3Star) when you can have a REAL bearing for only $30.98????
> Made with REAL steel, seals and a zerk fitting?

The reason I brought up rulon/vespel bearings is because you DON'T have to
climb the tower to lube them, no zerk fittings because they don't NEED lube,
and trust me, they are "real bearings" - as in "they use them on cranes for the
bearings on the boom" real

73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)