Re: [TowerTalk] [re: TowerTalk] 160m ANT

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [re: TowerTalk] 160m ANT
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:04:19 +0100
Carol,
    I take my wire about ten feet from the wire base to a DX Engineering
ground radial plate and RF Choke but the radial plate is not needed.
Perhaps the fiberglass mast used for the top 15 feet is also a help.   The
raised radials have one advantage in that you need fewer of them.   Four is
normally the maximum number of raised radials used and the antenna will even
work with a single raised radial.

     No claim is made to be in P40A's league but inverted L antennas working
off towers do work and work well with minimum effort.   Perhaps from our
combined inputs you will come up with the antenna that does the job for you.
Good luck.   We learn from each other.

                   73 Doug EI2CN