[TowerTalk] Antenna Height above Ground

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Height above Ground
From: "Gary Reich" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 15:32:56 -0600
Good afternoon,  what is the actual antenna height above ground when a antenna
is mounted on a roof ? I have a hex beam antenna mounted on a 30' tilt-over
mast which is mounted above the roof of my house. Due to security issues I had
to install a frame of welded rebar under the roof to prevent robberies. This
framework is attached to 5- 8' ground rods. The roof is 10' above ground level
which puts the antenna at 40'. So in theory is may antenna mounted 30' or 40'
above ground ? Thanks' in advance
Gary Reich, YS1GR