Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm me cable brand

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm me cable brand
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:53:41 -0700
On 10/19/2011 9:54 AM, wrote:
> I've been looking around for a fairly good amount of 75 ohm RG-11
> equivalent to make the phasing harnesses for my stacks.

How much is "a good amount?"  If you're buying much, you might consider
buying a full spool of Belden from a broadcast vendor. They make some
very good RG11 cables. Unfortunately, Belden cable is burdened by a
policy of selling only through distributors, most of which have pretty
high markups.  Belden 8213 is awfully good. Foam, very low loss. I'm
using it to feed high 80/40 dipoles, and they work well to 6M.
Commscope is another excellent mfr.  Just look for a cable with a beefy
copper in both braid and center conductor.

73, Jim K9YC