[TowerTalk] Tri Ex W 51 guy or not to guy ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri Ex W 51 guy or not to guy ?
From: Chris Merchant KA1LMR <ka1lmr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:21:06 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks, Kimo for the specs The W 51 and WT 51 are def not the same animal the
current WT model specs say 14 Sq Ft  @ 85 Mph  but the spec sheet from 1979
states 9 sq ft  @ 50 mph.
I have a house bracket at 19ft at the top the first section.   A set of 4 guys
in X  config at the top of both middle and top section at  35 and 51 feet. Any
thoughts  what or if this might increase with  Sq Ft or wind rating of the
tower?  Some comments suggest adding guys will put too much compression on the
tower legs or  stress on the  cable,  my idea was to have the Dacron ropes at
minimum tension just enough to minimize the tower from rocking in high winds.