Re: [TowerTalk] QSL card in the hole before the concrete pour

To: tdxs-list@tdxs.net, Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>, BVARC Reflector <bvarc@bvarc.org>, NARS Reflector <nars@mailman.qth.net>, CTDXCC <ctdxcc@kkn.net>, ak-contesters <ak-contesters@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] QSL card in the hole before the concrete pour
From: Allen Brier N5XZ <n5xz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:49:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I always heard it was supposed to be a JT card. Anyway, when I poured my base,
I threw in a bunch of cards, including a JT that actually wound up touching the
rebar base when it landed (I have a picture of it for proof). I considered that
very good juju. I also threw in cards from every continent and a bunch of JA
cards. Just for good measure, I threw in a card from Martti to help with
DXpeditions. I think I threw in about 40 or 50 cards, based on some formula I
had devised in my head, which of course has long since passed through the
sieves of my mind. It all seemed to make sense at the time. Bottom line is that
the antenna seems to work very well.

There must be some "official" site spelling out the folk lore of the "QSL in
the Hole". Perhaps Tom or someone else could weigh in there to educate the rest
of us believers.

Allen N5XZ / KL5DX